A Thanksgiving table would feel incomplete without a scrumptious, comforting and delectable dish of stuffing. Make this vegan stuffing in only 30 minutes, perfect for going inside bread rolls or serving as a side. Prepared using Loma Linda’s hearty Chorizo and earthy mushrooms, loaded with goodness of herbs and tart cranberries.
- 1 can Loma Linda Chorizo
- 4 cups sourdough bread (either use stale bread or toast fresh bread in the oven at 200F for 30 mins)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely choppe
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese of your choice (parmesan is recommended)
- Handful of dried cranberries
- Handful of toasted Pine nuts
- 1 tbsp each of fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven at 375F and grease a baking dish.
In a pan, heat the vegan butter and olive oil. Add chopped mushrooms and onions. Saute on medium flame till caramelized.
Next, add in the spring onions, garlic cloves, Loma Linda’s Chorizo and herbs. Add salt and black pepper as per taste and saute for a few more minutes. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the vegetable broth, dried cranberries, parmesan cheese and toasted bread. Combine. Add the mushroom onion mix to this mixture.
Pour the mix into the baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Click here to shop Loma Linda Chorizo on Amazon.