Rice bowls are perfect for weeknight dinners when you need a healthy meal on your table. These flavorful bowls come together in 10 minutes flat and are made deliciously vegan with Loma Linda Lemon Pepper TUNO. Simply assemble with pre-cooked rice and dress your bowls with a rainbow of vegetables for an instant meal.
- 2-3 packs Loma Linda Lemon Pepper TUNO
- 2 cups cooked white rice (can substitute with brown rice)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, for garnishing (optional)
- 1 small avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of lettuce, cut into chunks
- Pickled cucumber and carrots
- Fresh coriander/parsley for garnishing
- Lemon juice for garnishing
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
To pickle vegetables, mix all ingredients except the vegetables together and soak vegetables for at least an hour to pickle.
- 1 small cucumber, cut into slices
- 1 small carrot, julienned or shaved
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
To serve, place about 1 cup cooked rice at the bottom of each bowl, top with Loma Linda’s Lemon Pepper TUNO and spoon over the pickled vegetables on the side.
Within the bowl, add lettuce and avocado chunks. Garnish with fresh coriander, lemon juice, and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Tip – Create a Hawaiian inspired variation by adding chunks of fresh mango, pineapple and jalapeno/chili peppers.
Click here to shop Lemon Pepper TUNO on Amazon.