Classic American hot dogs meet Vietnamese flavors of pickled carrots, onions, mayo, and fresh cucumber to create a fresh and delicious banh mi dog. Made using Loma Linda Linketts, these dogs are a bold vegan choice for your next barbecue cookout.
- 1 can Loma Linda Linketts
- Hot dog buns (can also use French baguette or sourdough buns for a variation)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup red onions, julienned
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp sriracha/sambal oelek (or as required)
Mix vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Divide the margination in 2 parts and pickle carrots and onions separately. Let it rest for at least half hour. Can be marinated overnight as well.
Mix chili sauce, either sambal oelek/sriracha with mayo to taste.
Grill the Linketts till cooked well and keep aside.
Apply butter inside the hot dog buns and toast on the grill.
To assemble, spread spicy mayo on both side of the bun. Place Linketts in the centre of each bun. Top it with slices of cucumber, pickled carrots, onions and cilantro and serve banh mi dogs.
Click here to shop Loma Linda Linketts on Amazon.