Reinvent traditional sushi rolls in this vegan recipe featuring Siracha TUNO. Swap nori sheets for cool and refreshing cucumber strips to create tantalizing homemade TUNO rolls. This recipe not only looks great but makes for a very scrumptious appetizer.
- 2 packs or cans Loma Linda’s Sriracha TUNO
- 1 long cucumber, cut into thin strips (use a vegetable peeler)
- 1 cup cooked rice (use sushi rice for best results)
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- Dash of wasabi (you can also use hot sauce for a variation)
- 1/2 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, for garnishing (optional)
Begin with mixing vegan mayo with wasabi and keep aside.
To assemble the rolls, spread a little amount of wasabi mayo onto each strip and roll in order to keep space in between for stuffing.
Layer each roll in the order of sushi rice and avocado followed by Sriracha TUNO.
Add some carrot juliennes to one side and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Repeat with all the cucumber strips to make the cucumber rolls. Serve immediately or chilled.
Click here to shop TUNO on Amazon.