A flavorful combination of Loma Linda Super-Links and traditional Hungarian spices such as paprika, this warm paprikash is low in fat and has has a comforting and meaty texture. Filled also with herbs and vegetables like peppers, potatoes, serrano chili, and dill, this paprikash is entirely vegan and can be eaten as is after simmering. Either please your family with the dish or bring it to a pot luck as a delicious dinner offering.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp caraway seeds
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 Loma Linda Super-Links, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded, cut in strips
- 1 dry dill or 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tsp mild Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp salt
In a 5 quart or larger heavy pot over medium low heat, warm the oil. Sauté the onions 3 minutes.
Add serrano chili, garlic, and caraway seeds to the pot; sauté another minute.
Stir in the water the tomatoes, cabbage, potatoes, Super-Links, bell peppers, dill, paprika, and salt.
Bring to boil over medium heat.
Reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Click here to shop Loma Linda Super-Links on Amazon.