Try out a new recipe from Forkin’ Plants, using Spring Water TUNO, al dente noodles, and an assortment of delicious vegetables in this all-vegan and gluten-free seafood casserole. Be sure to also click here for the full recipe for additional notes and pictures showing preparation, including why TUNO is an important product in stopping overfishing.
- 2 cans Loma Linda Spring Water TUNO
- 3 cups noodles cooked according to package until al dente
- ¼ cup vegan butter or avocado oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, small diced
- ½ cup celery, small diced
- 16 oz (2 cups) mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour, or regular flour if you can have it
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups vegan chick’n broth (I use 1 bouillon in 2 cups water)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tsp kelp flakes (optional)
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs (can be gluten-free)
- 2 tsp avocado or olive oil + more for greasing the pan
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ (3 quart) baking pan. I like to use avocado oil and a paper towel
Cook the noodles according to the package, until al dente – they will continue to cook in the oven!
Drain noodles, rinse with cold water, and add to prepared baking pan.
In a large pan, heat butter or avocado oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, stirring frequently, for approximately 5 minutes
Add celery and mushrooms, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed, approx. 10 minutes
Season with a few pinches of salt & pepper, sprinkle with gluten-free flour and stir for 1 minute
Stir in milk and broth, bring to a simmer, and cook until thickened approx. 3-5 minutes.
Once thickened, stir in the peas, TUNO, kelp flakes, and cheddar cheese, then pour over the noodles, stirring to combine.
Combine bread crumbs, 2 tsp avocado or olive oil, smoked paprika and optional parmesan cheese in a bowl then sprinkle on top of the noodle mix.
Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until heated through and golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Shop TUNO here.