Take your vegetarian sandwiches to a whole new level with these indulgent and scrumptious Philly Cheese Swiss Stake sandwiches. Stuffed with deliciously plant-based Swiss Stake, these sandwiches also are prepared vegan cheese and caramelized onions and peppers. Great for enjoying with a side of fries and other condiments.
Serving Size: 2 Sandwiches
- 1 can Loma Linda Swiss Stake
- 1 tbsp oil/vegan butter
- 1 onion, cut lengthwise
- 1 medium green bell peppers, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped for garnishing (optional)
- 2 hoagie rolls, toasted (or use any bread roll of your choice)
Heat a skillet on medium flame and add oil to it. Add in the onions and bell peppers and saute for a couple of minutes.
Once translucent, add in the chopped Swiss Stake and continue to saute for a few more minutes till stake is well cooked. Remove from flame.
Add vegan cheese on top of the hot Swiss Stake and let the cheese melt. Once the cheese melts, add the garnish on top and stuff the Swiss Stake in the rolls. Serve immediately.
Click here to shop Swiss Stake on Amazon.