Pair together a warm and spicy chili with the classic flavors of mini cornbread muffins for a two-part meal that’s perfect for any dinner. Made with the vegan neat Original Mix and neat egg, the chili and corn muffins are both able to be eaten by everyone, and are paired with beans, spices, and your favorite vegan cheese in the chili. Enjoy this comforting mix by creating a bowl for everyone in the family and sharing the plentitude of corn muffins around the table.
Serving Size: 1 Large Chili and 24 Corn Muffins
For Five Alarm Chili:
- 2 packs neat Original Mix, prepared as crumbles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 fresh, hot chili peppers, like serrano or red hot cherry, finely diced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 28 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans, with liquid
- 15 oz. can light red kidney beans, with liquid
- 30 oz. cans pinto beans, with liquid
- 2 cups water
- 1-3 tsp cayenne, depending on desired spiciness
For Corn Muffins:
- 2 neat eggs (2 tbsp of neat egg powder mixed with 4 tbsp of water)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup cup flour
In a large pot, place garlic, onion, and peppers in olive oil, cook until onions are translucent.
Add all remaining ingredient, except neat Original Mix.
Bring to a boil and simmer at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, the chili will develop more flavor the longer it cooks.
Just before serving, stir in the prepared neat crumbles. Top with sour cream, cheese, and chopped onion.
For muffins, preheat oven to 350F.
Grease mini muffin tins. In a mixing bowl, stir together prepared neat eggs, milk, baking soda, and melted butter.
Then, add sugar, cornmeal, and flour and mix well. Fill muffin tins ¾ of the way full.
Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes and serve alongside chili when cooled.
Click here to shop neat Original Mix on Amazon.