Recreate meatloaf dishes with this entirely vegan and gluten-free option for loaves in smaller sizes. This dish is packed with bell peppers, herbs, and marianna sauce, but also contains the neat egg and neat Original Mix to make it an option for all types of eaters. With a just-right crumbly texture and comforting taste, neat mini loaves are a fun size and delicious meal.
- 1 package neat Original Mix
- 1 neat egg (1 tbsp of neat egg powder mixed with 2 tbsp of water)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 3 tbsp marinara sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
Heat oil in a (PFOA-free) nonstick Dutch oven or extra-large deep skillet over medium heat.
Add bell peppers, onion, and 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, increase heat to medium-high, and saute until vegetables are fully softened and onion begins to brown, about 18 to 20 minutes. Set aside and cover to keep warm (makes about 3 cups bell pepper relish).
Preheat oven to 400F. Stir together neat egg, marinara sauce, garlic, cinnamon (if using), and the remaining 1/4 tsp salt until evenly combined.
Add neat Original mix, oats, thyme, and 1 1/2 cups of the bell pepper relish and stir until well combined. Sculpt the neat loaf mixture into four (5- to 5 1/2-inch long) oval loaves, about 2/3 cup each, on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake until cooked through and browned, about 40 to 45 minutes.
Generously top with the remaining bell pepper relish and serve as an entrée.
Click here to shop neat Original Mix on Amazon.