Combine the small-sized convenience of “neatballs” with the sweet and sour tastes of curry powder, ketchup, and jelly for an appetizer you and your guests will adore. Within each bite-sized ball is an all-vegan and gluten-free set of ingredients, made possible by the neat egg and neat Original Mix. Delicious and with great texture, you’ll be coming back for more in no time.
Serving Size: 24 neatballs
- 2 neat eggs (2 tbsp of neat egg powder mixed with 4 tbsp of water)
- 1 package neat Original Mix
- 24 oz naturally-sweetened ketchup, divided
- 24 oz grape jelly, divided
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp freshly grated gingerroot, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp naturally-brewed soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated red or white onion
- 3 tbsp dry whole grain breadcrumbs
Stir together 3 tbsp of the ketchup, 2 tbsp of the jelly, the neat eggs, curry powder, ginger, soy sauce, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
Add the neat Original Mix, onion, and breadcrumbs and stir until well combined. Form into 24 balls, about 1 tbsp each, and place on a cutting board (for best results, keep hands very lightly moistened with water when forming neatballs).
Stir together the remaining ketchup and jelly in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until smooth and bubbling.
Reduce heat to medium-low, gently add neatballs, one at a time, until covered by sauce.
Cover and simmer until neatballs are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Insert bamboo cocktail picks into each neatball and serve as an appetizer while warm.
Click here to shop neat Original Mix on Amazon.